Muscovy Voices

LilyD

Crowing
12 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Bristol, VT
My Coop
My Coop
So I know that an adult male muscovy will hiss or huff and the females can make other sounds but my question is when do they start getting their adult voices? I have 16 six week old babies and I thought I was hearing other sounds rather than just peeping but wasn't sure. Am I imagining it?

Not in my experience.. vocals in scovies come much later. I have some 6wk olds no voice differences right now.. all size. I have some other babies(they are my avatar) a bit older again, all size.. i am not hearing anything differing yet but i can sure tell who is who...

White drake, chocolate duck...

Just consulted my records.. just turned 8wks old yesterday! he still chirps like a baby lol

Last edited:
Got a video today of the sounds I have been hearing. For the most part they do still peep like babies but once and a while when I am hanging out with them I am hearing these new sounds from some of them. Let me know what you think.

0.jpg

I have a pair of juvenile Muscovy ducks. Can anyone tell what kind they are? A friend gave them to me as ducklings. Also, when can you tell the male from the females? Thanks a BUNCH!!!!
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom