muscovy

Dunno.
idunno.gif

Quote:
?

Better question, why would want muscovys? JK, although i'm not fond of them i have a soft spot for all ducks.
tongue.png

Might do a search over it, pretty sure this topic has come up before. Also pretty sure that your better off going local on them rather than a hatchery (pretty sure the hatchery's only sell the plane white ones, unless thats what you want????) I've been wrong before though.

Probably the only way you can find them is to buy older ones. I have a blue female muscovy. You might already know this but muscovy drakes don't have the curled tail feather, the way you tell them apart is by the skin on their faces.
smile.png

Untill they get some age on them you can't sex them. Im sure someone from China could, but I have never met anyone in my life that could right out of the shell. When the boys start to out grow the girls, thats when you can guess. Unless other ducks they don't quack, so you cant' shake them and "quack" them. you just let them grow.
I have had Muscovy on and off since the 80s and I still don't get them perfectly right untill they are mature. Some of them will fool ya.

I have to agree with you iajewel. Most of the time you can tell which are which by the size but occasionally there will be that one fools you.

Back
Top Bottom