Mushroom foragers

Pics
If you head into the woods please shower and change shoes, we would hate to see the chicken ruined by duck germs!!

lau.gif

'
lol.png
Unfortunately I'm sitting in my office (supposedly working) so maybe the urge will strike me again when I get home.

This is the only edible we found yesterday, we found about a dozen of them. However, I did not look them over well until we were done hunting. The guy I was with had never hunted before and wanted to go, so we were on his land and he harvested the Old Men.

BTW I may stop harvesting these, I just find them very unappetizing and so little meat in them. Besides so many are over ripe.

It was a strange story, I had never met the guy until about 20 minutes before we went hunting together. I had a cement mixer for sale on craigslist. This guy contacted me the day before to buy it. He wanted to know when he could pick it up, yesterday. I told him the earlier the better because I had plans. He lives in the cities but is retiring and moving into the area near me.

He said he would be here at 9:15. I agreed that was a good time. He showed up and then realized he had forgotten his money on the table at home. He was going to go back and get it then said, "but you had to do something or go somewhere right?".

I told him it was no big deal I was just going mushroom hunting. He started talking about how he had never done that and always wanted too. He then asked if he could go with.

I hem and hawed, and finally said, I would love to take you, but I have to change the place I am going as I can't take you to the spot I was headed, it is my secret fishing hole. He was really good about it and said he understood. Then he said he had 15 acres of woods on his 40. He wanted to know if I would go there with him.. So that's where we went. I had a great time even though I did not get a hen.

Good Lord Ralphie.... He could've killed you out there.

Good Lord Ralphie.... He could've killed you out there.

Huh? How?

He was about 5'-4" and 130 pounds, I am 6-3 and over 250. I doubt it. Besides I am a trusting soul.

I have met a lots of people from the internet. I had a woman from BYC stop in yesterday, we visited and drank a Henry's Orange pop. Then she held mu roosters and left. I think I know 10-12 people from BYC.

Last edited:
Like dogs.... Its the little ones you gotta look out for.
lol.png

He was a great guy, actually, he was buying the cement mixer to put in a foundation for a root cellar. He is going to live off the grid back in the woods. (with his wife). There were no red flags at all. I think we will become friends, as we have a lot of the same interests. He had read all about mushrooms just had never hunted them.

Live dangerously take a internet friend on vacation with you....
lau.gif

Huh?  How?

He was about 5'-4" and 130 pounds,   I am 6-3 and over 250.  I doubt it.  Besides I am a trusting soul. 

I have met a lots of people from the internet.   I had a woman from BYC stop in yesterday, we visited and drank a Henry's Orange pop.  Then she held mu roosters and left.   I think I know 10-12 people from BYC.
never underestimate the little ones. I'm 5'3" and the only people I'm afraid of are small like me.

I was busy, reorganizing my coop/ramp/new deck and a few smaller things so, only a short trip behind the house today and just enough to supplement our supper with. Leccinums versipelle and a few Coprinus atramentarius, on the left.

Vtech

I was busy, reorganizing my coop/ramp/new deck and a few smaller things so, only a short trip behind the house today and just enough to supplement our supper with. Leccinums versipelle and a few Coprinus atramentarius, on the left.

Vtech

Which is which?

I cannot even find Leccinums versipelle in my books.
Okay, I know the inky caps. Have a beer and enjoy them...
lau.gif

Nevermind I know which is which now. The inky caps are the small ones for those that don't know. The Bolete like ones are the Leccinums versipelle I am guessing. Are they a Bolete of some kind?

BTW drinking alcohol within 5 days of eating Inky caps can make you ill.

Back
Top Bottom