Mushroom foragers

Pics
Haven't had much luck here this year. I really struggle with mushroom foraging. I have one specific spot where I can find 5-10 each season. This is the only spot I can find them. Been trying for the past 5 years, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The ones that I found this year were very small.

Haven't had much luck here this year. I really struggle with mushroom foraging. I have one specific spot where I can find 5-10 each season. This is the only spot I can find them. Been trying for the past 5 years, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The ones that I found this year were very small.

They are never easy to find, I suggest you look for spot similar to the spot you found yours. You can go days without finding them when looking for new spots.

Slim pickings here so far. I managed 7 in an hour after work tonight. My neighbor who usually mops up around here has only found 10. We are speculating that the series of warm ups and cold snaps with snows in April has something to do with it. They seem to be doing better further west.
Morels at cabin 4.27.18.jpg
909[/ATTACH]

Morning . Spent a hour looking for mushrooms yesterday . Nothing . A guy at coffee found 4 after a 3 hour hike . This next week should be prime .

Back
Top Bottom