1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mushroom hunting ..this is what it is all about!! ( pix)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mmtillman, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

I love mushroom hunting ! I live for it 2 weeks out of the year....this year I found the largest most beautiful morel I have ever found!!! Gotta brag!! It was huge.. [​IMG] I about fainted when I found it !!!!!
    So, here are the pix!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else mushroom hunt? Share what you hunt for and find? I would love to see them!!!

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Mark is in here drooling on my computer! But he says we are a week or two behind you guys in getting them, so we will see how the season up here goes soon!

3. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I have only ever found 1 morel in my life. I don't like mushrooms of any kind, but my dad LOVES morels. I would love to find a bunch for him! Maybe I'll get lucky and find some here at our new property. [​IMG]

That one that you found is HUGE!

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Too risky for me, I'm not willing to risk my life on picking wild mushrooms. They are kinda neat looking though.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

We had some friends stop by today to buy some eggs. Of course, they wanted to go out and see the chooks. On the way back to the house, they spotted a morel. This led to a mushroom hunt that lasted over two hours! We only found little ones, though. [​IMG] Wish we had found a few that size!

6. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    We went out today and I found 1 little mushroom, son went yesterday and found 1 little mushroom. Those mushrooms you got look great. I hope we find some that big [​IMG]

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I found some nice mushrooms out in our pasture. Boiled 'em up and made some healthy tea out of 'em. Later, I felt very funny and was actually seeing stuff............... wth? [​IMG]

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I haven't been out in a couple years. Used to go for mostly Oyster, Chantrelles, and Boletes. Sorry no pictures. We are behind this year, probably can start soon though. Just need it to warm up a little.

Imp

9. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    yea we made brownies out of are mushrooms

10. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    my dh is drooling over your shrooms lol!
    his parents live in El Dorado Springs,MO and we go mushroom hunting down there when we visit. lots of fun...except for the ticks lol!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by