Mushroom hunting ..this is what it is all about!! ( pix)

very cool!

I'd be scared to eat a wild mushroom (well.. I dont eat them at all but.. LOL) How do you know which are safe and which arent?

I just keep thinking "trips" everytime someone says "hey.. ate some wild mushrooms today"

lau.gif

hide.gif

My dad use to eat them all the time then about 5 yrs ago he ended up in the hospital after consuming some. We didn't at the time attribute it to the mushrooms because he had eaten them every year and the hospitalization was from an asthma attack which ultimately leads to a week long+ stay as he has a compromised immune system. The next year he tried some more and the same thing happened. Needless to say he won't try for a 3rd year.

Mmm-mmm-mmm. It's almost morel time here in Iowa. Just need a warm day or two and **pop-pop-pop** up they come. My husband's uncle found one as big as a Coors can once, pretty big.

clean 'em, soak 'em, clean 'em again. Dredge 'em in egg and splash of milk, dredge them in Ritz cracker crumbs, and fry in hot oil. There is nothing better. I'm sure they will be the first appetizer served when I get to Heaven.

Quote:
Lol sounds like you got a "shroom" not a morel. Freeze dried and ....... nevermind, dont wanna get in trouble. If they were growing out of some dung, well, ya'll always see funny stuff when u mess with those
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom