Mushrooms

If you're interested in mushrooms I highly recommend getting this book "Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation: Simple to Advanced and Experimental Techniques for Indoor and Outdoor Cultivation" - Tradd cotter Aug, 2014

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Mushroom-Farming-Mycoremediation-Experimental/dp/1603584552

Tradd recommends "King Stropharia" AKA the wine cap mushroom (Shiitake would be good because of their antibacterial and antiviral resistance except they grow better on logs than on wood chips). King Stropharia is recommended because it's able to control the coliform bacteria and E. Coli that are present in Chicken poo and will help maintain the area they leave fecal matter. King Stropharia will do well if you get a sawdust block of spawn and expand it on wetted down Alder wood chips.

If you were trying to remove E. Coli and other bacteria runoff from a bovine farm there is a mycoremediation tech you can do with oyster mushrooms in burlap sacks and lay them in a shallow trench. The dam helps cleanse the run off into local streams.

If you're looking for mushroom spawn I suggest getting them from fungi.com - That's Paul Stamet's webpage and he's the for most expert in shrooms of all types. When you order from him it's a guarantee that you are going to get an excellent strain that is aggressive for growing.

And here is an article from Tradd Cotter's website regarding Mycoremediation http://www.mushroommountain.com/bioremediation/index.asp

I highly recommend any book by Paul Stamets and Tradd Cotter's book(above). Tradd's book is from 2014 so it's very new and it even to my surprise has a section on how to turn medicinal mushroom extracts into a beer supplement for health (Not the trippy kind)

Places to get Spawn and spores that I have used and trust.

1) FUNGI.COM (washington state)
2) Everything mushrooms (Knoxville)

Here are some links to help you locate the actual mushroom spawn

Fungi.com Shiitake spawn

Fungi.com King Stro. Mushroom patch

Back
Top Bottom