Mustard explosion still didn’t stop these egg eaters!!

Most the fake eggs we call 'ceramic', the ones you get at TSC,
are neither ceramic nor porcelain, they are made from some kind of hard plaster.
I know because I've cut one with a fine file out of curiosity,
they cut very easily but work just fine for fake eggs.
So...are my porcelain ok..or do I specifically need the ones that will cut them?

The mustard worked on my inlaws dog. It took dish washing liquid mixed with mustard to deter the rooster, and unless I had an egg bomb in the nests at all times, he would try his luck again afew days later. They don't exactly taste, so its all about the texture. I would 100% go the rollaway boxes but if you can, because it is tricky to break the habit. I think you can even make your own if you are handy enough. I found it easier just to sell the rooster and his trained hen. (I sold them for meat btw, I didn't want someone else to have the head ache of breaking the habit.)

I’m goin* to talk to the hubby tomorrow about the roll always...he’s going to hate me at first...more work....we are soooo busy...just bought a ton of new equipment for haying, etc...new animals, etc, fencing, etc. But, if he can spare a day..I think these would be great! Goin* to watch a YouTube video for tips!!

I’m goin* to talk to the hubby tomorrow about the roll always...he’s going to hate me at first...more work....we are soooo busy...just bought a ton of new equipment for haying, etc...new animals, etc, fencing, etc. But, if he can spare a day..I think these would be great! Goin* to watch a YouTube video for tips!!
Are these nests on the ground?

Are these nests on the ground?
Oh no...up off, they go up a ladder, or hop up into them to get in....we have 8 boxes for 36 hens. But it was never an issue. They used to prefer just a few boxes so we didn’t think we needed more. We try to collect at least twice a day, now even more. But it’s a full farm, and we forget...just very busy, and, unfortunately chickens aren’t top priority...until I find the nests all messy. Then it’s to late..,again. I think it’s because my hens pretty much maintain themselves. Chickens are the easiest farm animals. Put themselves away...the feed, put it out a few days at a time...only clean coop once a week or even less? My others...require daily mucking.

Back
Top Bottom