musty smell in the banter should I worry?

tberggren

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 20, 2008
Ithaca NY
OK, gave up on the one LG, apparently they have a circuit board so you can't just replace the thermostat wafer.
roll.png

So I now have two choices, a newer LG forced air and a homemade one. I really like the homemade one because the top is all glass, plus the guy who loaned it to me told me it holds temps better than the LG, since it fits together tighter and doesn't have thin plastic on the top.

So now to my question, the homemade is wood and has a musty smell, I am worried. Should I be? I would like to do something but don't dare clorox the box. Planning on placing eggs in the banter on Friday. What would you suggest.

One last thing, I will need to use both the banters if all my eggs come through undamaged.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
I use that clorox anywhere spray to clean all mine. You could spray a good coat on and let it sit out in the sun and repeat when it dries. Or maybe some vinegar to clean it with but I don't like the smell of vinegar myself.

Last edited:
I use bleach to clean my bators all the time, spray on a mix, wash and scrub with the sponge, set it outside to dry. Good to go, nice and clean and germies all dead.

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

Thanks guys, I just was afraid of bad fumes.
I guess after it sits in the sun and dries then that is no longer a worry. Good to know.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom