Mutt chicken.. . gender please? Update # 24!

Lovesdisney

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Central Kentucky
This is Sassy. Its appx 8 weeks old. Genger guesses???

IMG_6574.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

Last edited:
Im sorry that is not an EE and its a roo:( EE's do not have straight combs they have pea combs-did you buy it or hatch it?

ees can have a straight comb, I have one myself (avatar). He's a crooked beak with some issuses
roll.png
but he came off my mom's ee flock so I know he's an ee. But yours is a roo.

Last edited:
My friend hatched it out of his with some of our silkies.

He said its.... hmmm I thought it was an ee cause all the eggs we use to get from him are green. Jeff said "No honey he said its an Ameraucana mix".....

So? U think roo?
sad.png

Regardless of what it is... it has a home until our silkies are big enough to join the coop. Its a good "momma" and they are all 1/2 its size and sleep under it and follow it around the yard. So its a good "parenting hatchmate"

Last edited:
rooster Im sorry at that age to have the redness and comb size with the wattles -rooster
and Straight combed hens have less than a 3% chance of laying a colored egg. I have one! brown eggs-nice but brown...
a rooster can be hatched from an EE egg and still have a straight comb BUT will highly unlikely pass on that colored egg gene to his chicks...

Quote:
yup if an Ameraucana mated with a straight combed mate -half will be straight combed basically-pretty boy though!

He looks like a blue barred something???? Very pretty roo. I just hatched some Blue rocks, Black rocks, Barred Rocks and Blue Barred Rocks and I hope mine show like that soon. Don't see too many Blue Barred birds.....

Back
Top Bottom