Mutt lovers thread!

I borrowed this RIR roo to spend some time with my girls.

Red2.jpg

Red.jpg

LadyH.jpg

There are some up and coming mutts in my bator right now. My next roo to visit the girls will be an EE Leghorn mix!

Last edited:
Roosty.jpg

Mrs Delmar found me a photo of our Leghorn Easter Egger mix. Also the ladies in the photo are EE Wyandotte mixes. One silver laced and one golden laced. I think the golden is one of the prettiest chickens we have and both are oh so gentle.

It is sort of hard to tell by the photo just how tall these birds are. Way taller than our standard barred rock and RIR gals that are a couple months older! Very long legged!

I'm thinking next year or the year after, I want to get a Welsummer or a Maran roo to the mix, to get some olive eggs!

Last edited:
i guess my chickens are mutts, but i do have a direction i'm headed w/them.

started w/several game hens,rhode island red, newhampshire, buff rock, and crossing these w/ buff rock,and new hampshire roosters.

may add alittle something different along the line, main thing is i want all yellow legged chickens, that lay good and are big enough to eat, that will set and raise thier own.

this will be the 3rd year raiseing these birds, so far i'm real happy w/them.

here's my mutt trash-piggy
2dvlz52.jpg

this is one of the henriettas(?) and carl(silkie) who are her biological parents
21kkvn7.jpg

and this is the hen that raised her, munchkin the banty cochin
2i26gjl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom