My $10.69 "Playhouse Coop" NOW HAS RESIDENT CHICKENS

Very nice job ! I can't wait to see the finished project.
jumpy.gif

You are putting lots of love into your coop. My husband helped me build my coop I know I could not have done it alone ! Give yourself a big hug
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif

Great job!! And you're working so fast. I'm jealous!

I agree with the theory of collecting in advance. I have windows, hardware, lumber, wire mesh, nest boxes, feeders, etc that I've been collection for 2 years at least. Now that I finally realized its time, I got started without spending much money. And I'm glad I waited to build until I had found this forum so I could add all the things I've learned about.

I love to build coops. I have built 5 and haven't even had chickens for a year. I mainly just build tractors though. This is my 2nd actual stationary coop. I don't spend money on them, because as soon as one is done, I want to build another. I have them in the coops, but in a kennel about 40' square when I'm around. Then, I close the coop door with them inside. Right now I only have 3 bantams, but hope to get more.

I love to reuse. We collect paint from Craigslist, stupid yes, but when you have coops and dog houses, it helps. We have had 7 dogs dumped *we witnessed 5 getting dumped from a white truck, 2 seperate times, but I didn't have on my glasses, so I was prettty much blind
hmm.png
) With each dog we rehomed, we sent a painted dog house. It's the little things

I am going to do the interior. I am unsure of how at this moment. I was thinking peel and stick tiles. This coop isn't awesome or amazing, but it will work. I just like building.

Hi Zahboo. Sounds Like you're doing a great job! Well and done and I wish you best of luck getting your coops completed. I'm yet to start mine, but this is inspiring me
smile.png

Not a lot of progress today. I slept till 10,
hide.gif
and then on Craigslist I found 19 free chickens !!!! AND a goat. HAHA So we went and loaded the Imago Banty Tractor and got free chickens. There wasn't any space for the goat so we are gettting her tomorrow. Angel went with and she was enjoying watching us catch them (they were free ranged) We only caught 15, so there are 4 they hope to catch in the coop tonight. Tomorrow is only a day away.

We did get the wire on or actually I'm doing it now... Also, we decided to cull my japanese today, so it's been slow. Her leg was really bothering her this past week. I still have one other japanese. I wish I had caught her defect earlier, but sadly...
hit.gif

The coop has resident chickens!
wee.gif

I went and got 15 chickens today. We are only keeping 5, the rest are going to family and friends (they were all free) 3 are mine, and 2 are moms. My 3 are Phoenix/Jungle Fowl

They are Alma, Esperanze, and Electra

chicksandcoopo071.jpg
chicksandcoopo070.jpg
chicksandcoopo069.jpg
chicksandcoopo055.jpg
chicksandcoopo054.jpg
chicksandcoopo051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom