1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. After recently joining this site I have been wrapped around the axle and consumed with thinking about chickens.

I went to my local live stock auction this evening just to see what was going on and was the 1st time that I had went for almost 25 years.

At 1st I didn't see much that interested me but right at the last minute I seen a box come in Marked Cuckoo Maran Kelly Cratty line. Wasn't sure about what kelly cratty line is but the Maran on the box sure did because of reading posts here:)

So here are a couple pics of my new buddy Louie [​IMG] Ya'll take a look and let me know what you think and if actually looks like and is a Maran?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey [email protected]

Congrats on your first Marans. It is Marans whether it is singular or plural.

Kelly Cratty is a breeder who developed a nice line of feathered shanked cuckoos. Notice his legs have the feathers? He's a handsome guy that Louie.[​IMG]

3. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Was the dog nervous? Louie is bigger than him! [​IMG]

ETA: Completely forgot to congratulate you on such a fantastic purchase! Louie is a very handsome fellow, indeed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by