My 1st Goats!! Many Questions

Pics
I haven’t tried it...I thought it was more for horses. What if you mixed a lot of oats, some pellets, BOSS, soybean meal, beat shreads, and sweet feed. That’s the mix I was doing for my girls before they got pregnant...but if you made it three parts oats, and the rest one parts....perhaps that would work. I enjoyed making the mixes for them....and I was told that it was a good ratio. I only had my buck for a short time...but that’s what I did for him.

They have arrived :wee
D2048126-127E-4724-8AB0-02FA3621DBE4.jpeg 39E5891A-BF22-4108-97E5-BD0D9113A10B.jpeg Meet Raz: 89A78FAD-DF4E-4A22-9731-0392D4E65F1A.jpeg
Meet Daisy: F8703F10-300B-45E6-A193-4B47B7C6DA24.jpeg

My goats wouldn't eat the pellet wormer. I personally use ivomec or pancur orally. It's best to not worm on a schedule. Worms can become resistant to wormers. Getting a fecal done or checking the eye membrane color is what I do.

I have used the powder on the back for lice. If you worm with ivomec it will take care of external parasites too. I use the cattle one the ivomec plus, although a few months ago I had problems finding it here, so we used to goat Pancur from tractor supply. It doesn't kill as many worm types.

Nice looking goats.

I haven’t tried it...I thought it was more for horses. What if you mixed a lot of oats, some pellets, BOSS, soybean meal, beat shreads, and sweet feed. That’s the mix I was doing for my girls before they got pregnant...but if you made it three parts oats, and the rest one parts....perhaps that would work. I enjoyed making the mixes for them....and I was told that it was a good ratio. I only had my buck for a short time...but that’s what I did for him.
I was told that too much grain isn't good for male goats. It causes urine stones in males.

Back
Top Bottom