My 1st hatch~100% Hatch!!! :) :)

Wow
thumbsup.gif

Did you log all of your temps/humidity details for next time? Thats a fantastic hatch rate well done

That's great!
celebrate.gif
....I wish that was true for my first try.
hmm.png

What was your humidity during incubation and lockdown?

I read alot on here about dry hatching, in the beginning my humidity was staying on the low side, so I figured what the heck I would leave it be and see how it went.

days 1-18 my hunidity was in the 30's I didn't let it drop below 25. For Lockdown I brought my humidity up and left it in the mid 50's, it did go up some as chicks were hatching, and a couple times I let some out because I could see the moisture buliding up on the bator, so I brought it back down to mid 50's. My temps stayed between 98-101 for the whole 21 days.

Most of the chicks hatched out super quick, they had a tiny little pip, I started a load of laundry, did a couple of small chores, went back and looked and there were chicks completely hatched. They started pipping and hatching the morning of my hatch date. I only had one chick that took a really long time, the last one to hatch and a day later than the rest.

When the chicks hatched they were damp, not really wet, very active and only took them a few minutes and they were completely dry and fluffing up
big_smile.png
wee.gif

I did keep notes:D I started taking notes when I first started and did it all the way through it. My original thought was they would help me either way. I figured if the hatch didn't go well then I could use the notes to help determine what I needed to change, and if all went well, I could use the notes to try to do it the same way again
big_smile.png
So for the next round I am going to try to do it the same way and see how it goes, will be keeping notes on the next round also
big_smile.png

I'm going to try the dry hatch method next time. I followed the instructions that came with my incubator, and I had 50% hatch. My eggs were shipped though, so that might have been a factor.

Back
Top Bottom