My 2 Wyandottes.... boys or girls?

BWchicken

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Texas
I have 2 White Wyandotte Bantam babies almost 7 weeks old. Such cute little fluffballs. Their rose combs are still fairly flat, but started to pink up about a week ago. I have been reading on here that lately, the hatchery Wyandottes seem to get pink very early, even the hens. Could that be the case with mine? Thanks!

WYANDOTTE BANTAM #1 (2 pics)
33334_img_0438.jpg
33334_img_0437.jpg

WYANDOTTE BANTAM #2 (2 pics)
33334_101_0286.jpg
33334_img_0440.jpg

Last edited:
My girls looked like that too but my little roos comb got big and red and swollen looking about 8 weeks I guess. His head is larger, his feet were the same color as the girls. But his comb was definately different.
CAL
Jax FL

Thanks for the reply, that helps a lot because I was afraid the red might mean roos! So I guess Wyandotte pullets redden up early sometimes? That's what I'm hoping for anyway. So even though their combs are red, as long as they stay pretty flat, they're girls, right? Or do pullet's combs swell up too?

I would be grateful for any other information (or photos I can compare) about sexing 7 week old Wyandottes! And any other opinions on the gender of my babies!

Thanks!

I had 3 of my SLW 'pullets' get read very early and even people here swore they were roosters. They are hatchery stock and were indeed hens!
smile.png
Patience.. but so far they look like pullets to me.

Back
Top Bottom