my 25 week old BA pullet

jayke563

Chirping
May 21, 2015
Northern Massachusetts
here is my 25 week old BA hen I'm thinking of putting her and one of my silkies in a poultry show what do u think :D

It is hard to judge your bird from this photo/angle. A side profile showing her whole body would be best. However, from what I can see (and I'm not a poultry judge, only a poultry exhibitor/breeder/fancier), she appears to be rather narrow especially into the tail area. Her comb should have five points on it and I would like to see a bolder head. She appears to be a hatchery-quality Australorp, which are not produced for showing but instead for egg production. These observations could change if I could see her whole body from the side.

It is hard to judge your bird from this photo/angle. A side profile showing her whole body would be best. However, from what I can see (and I'm not a poultry judge, only a poultry exhibitor/breeder/fancier), she appears to be rather narrow especially into the tail area. Her comb should have five points on it and I would like to see a bolder head. She appears to be a hatchery-quality Australorp, which are not produced for showing but instead for egg production. These observations could change if I could see her whole body from the side.
ya that is what I thought my silkie is a true show bird she was bred in my silkie breeding program in gonna start a breeding program for BAs also and a few others

Back
Top Bottom