My 3rd attempt at Quiche--WITH A GUEST!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So I bought all the fixins to attempt quiche again (well, except the eggs!) It will be a Sussex & Sumatra quiche! LOL

I also bought heavy cream.

So I have:

two deep dish frozen pie crusts
three different kinds of cheese (cheddar, pepper jack & feta)
green chiles
maple sausage
bacon
heavy cream

So how much heavy cream do a I put in there? The last two times I made it, I didn't put ANY milk or cream in and it was kind of rubbery & dry.
sad.png
Plus, I think I overcooked it a little bit?

How long do I bake the crust? It says on the package to let it thaw 15 minutes before baking & then put the raw stuff in for quiche but there's no bake time??

Paula Deens Spinach and Bacon Quiche recipe. ~ (But there are alot more on Foodnetwork.com)

6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
Salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

little late I know but always another day.....well I just wanted to say I never measure any ingredients when I make this including the milk and eggs. I don't usually use milk but I did the last time and I like it both ways....it may have been a bit moister last time. Just mix all up and pour in crust and bake till knife comes out clean I do everything in my oven at 350 it runs hotter then it should.

Late I know, I was attempting canning (I now know what it's like to live IN a pickle jar)... I saw the chiles bit in your recipe and thought I'd share a fav of mine... kids, hubby and me all loved it... and it was easy... from Cooks.com... it's not a quiche, no crust, but it is a very yummy cheesey chile dish so thought I'd share.

CHILE RELLENO CASSEROLE

1 (5 or 6 oz.) can evaporated milk
4 eggs
12 to 14 chilies or other lg. chilies, roasted & peeled
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. flour
3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
3/4 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated

After greasing an 8 to 9 inch square pan, place half the chilies and cover with half the cheese. Add another layer of chilies, then another layer of cheese. Beat eggs, add milk, and baking powder, flour and salt. Pour on top. Bake 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Serves 6-8.

I know I am a little late in the conversation, but have you ever thought of making quiche without the crust? My husband is not a pie crust fan and my father keeps watching his carb intake, so I make the same quiches that were listed, just in the pan without the crust. The eggs and cream will set it up and it can still be cut as normal.

Back
Top Bottom