my 4 week old chick has something wrong with her eye! *update*

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by obe10, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Wynette

Wynette Crowing

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Me, too! I'll be thinking about your little one this weekend...please post an update in a few days, okay?

2. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    i will! and thanks for helping

3. Wynette

Wynette Crowing

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Gosh, I didn't help! YOU came up with the tobramycin! [​IMG]

I'm sure your little one will do just fine. You sound like a good chicken momma! (if you're a woman!)

4. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    lol yeah i do consider myself there momma and i will let you know what happens [​IMG]

5. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    her eye is the same today i don't know if it will get better [​IMG] maybe it is a defect but i swear it was not there a few days ago. anyway it does not bother her the least bit. [​IMG] it appears that the eyeball and the eyelid don't line up exactly right. wynette, i saw your chickie it seems to be the same thing. i wish i knew what was causing it and if it affects the chicks sight in any way.

6. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    also here are some pics of her and her buddies, just because i wanted to post them lol [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] Oh, they are so beautiful! I have been wanting to get some golden campines myself, even posted for them here on BYC. Did you get yours locally?

I sure hope your little one gets better.[​IMG]

8. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    i am sure she will be fine. and about the campines i ordered them from murray mcmurray hatchery and they came in the mail along with some polish. i have never had campines before but have heard great things about them. i hope you will get some campines yourself [​IMG]

9. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Songster

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    Thanks for the info; I am currently doing business with a lady from Kentucky that has over 17 breeds of poultry, she buys and sells a lot. She is coming in this week to pick up a group of my WBT Japanese bantams to get another bloodline mixed in with hers. She has a friend in Michigan that raises golden campines and might get us hooked up. As for getting some golden campines myself, I sure am working on it! [​IMG]

10. obe10

obe10 Songster

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    well good luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: