My 5 to 6 weeks old chicks, can you tell what breed or maybe gender they are :)

Kimmys coop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
North east of England, UK.
Hi everyone this is just a quick one

Iv put 18 pictures up on my profile for some reason they have the title sponsors even though I didn't pic that lol anyway was just wondering if any one can tell me the breeds and gender of my 5 chicks of you can please

thanks

Kimberley
X

You can add pics to a thread by uploading them with the 'insert image' button at the top of the reply box. We will need good clear pics of the comb and a full side veiw are best. At this age it may be difficult to tell, ususally it is a bit easier at 6 to 8 weeks.

Go to bottom of the thread to the reply box

You will see Font size, text color, B I U, Links, and then you will see the 'insert image' tab

Click that, and upload pics from the computer or embed pics already uploaded to BYC, it will walk you through.

(There are also insert video, emocons, quotes, and a maximize)

Couple questions...

Where did the birds come from? Is it possible they're mixed breeds?

Were the birds cold during the photos? Several of them look unwell, all huddled over. If they were cool, that would explain it. If not, they may be ill.

Afro is a gold laced Polish, looks like a pullet with that nice even 'do.
Izzy looks like a Light Sussex.
Susie looks like a Stanley, just not sure on the breed. The comb and light legs are throwing me off.

Afro looks like the coolest chicken I've ever seen! i need more chickens! Gah! Why do I have to live in the city!

Couple questions...

Where did the birds come from? Is it possible they're mixed breeds?

Were the birds cold during the photos? Several of them look unwell, all huddled over. If they were cool, that would explain it. If not, they may be ill.

Afro is a gold laced Polish, looks like a pullet with that nice even 'do.
Izzy looks like a Light Sussex.
Susie looks like a Stanley, just not sure on the breed. The comb and light legs are throwing me off. 

I agree, 2-6-7 and the last pic don't look so good.

Back
Top Bottom