My 5 weeks old chick have diarrhoea and her leg is stretching

Boudiaf007

Hatching
Apr 5, 2020
My 5 weeks old chick have diarrhoea and she is not walking properly and she stretches her leg. She still active she drinks and eat. I saw her poop this morning it is like water gel without any colour, she still fine that time, but after exposing her to the sun for more than an hour she started acting weird and she started walking with one leg stretched. And she still like that till this afternoon, if you have an idea what is it please let me know. Thank you

It is hard to know what this is. Make sure chick is drinking plenty of water. Some chick electrolytes might help.

What do you mean the leg stretches? Is her walk uneven or looks like the leg keeps sliding to the side? Maybe spraddle legs? Sometimes this is caused by walking on slippery surfaces. Whatever bedding used, make sure they have traction and aren't slipping and sliding.

It is hard to know what this is. Make sure chick is drinking plenty of water. Some chick electrolytes might help.

What do you mean the leg stretches? Is her walk uneven or looks like the leg keeps sliding to the side? Maybe spraddle legs? Sometimes this is caused by walking on slippery surfaces. Whatever bedding used, make sure they have traction and aren't slipping and sliding.
Thank you, yess it’s a slippery surface, because I moved her 4 day ago. Well now she have splayed legs, I am trying to fix it, I tied her legs with a string and fixed her bed. I will wait to see the result in few days. And for the diarrhoea I gave her some rice and I think she is getting better. Thank you so much for the advice you gave me the solution.

Thank you, yess it’s a slippery surface, because I moved her 4 day ago. Well now she have splayed legs, I am trying to fix it, I tied her legs with a string and fixed her bed. I will wait to see the result in few days. And for the diarrhoea I gave her some rice and I think she is getting better. Thank you so much for the advice you gave me the solution.

I hope your chick makes a full recovery soon!

It almost sounded like she was sunbathing with her leg outstretched. Could she have been injured causing the leg issue? Splayed legs should not occur at 5 weeks. A slipped tendon could. Can you post any pictures or her standing or being held up standing? Is she still having loose poops? Is she eating and drinking? At this age coccidiosis can cause them to be weak, not eat, have diarrhea, and puffed up. If that could be possible, you could get some Corid to treat the water for 5-7 days.

Thank you, yess it’s a slippery surface, because I moved her 4 day ago. Well now she have splayed legs, I am trying to fix it, I tightened her legs with a string
It almost sounded like she was sunbathing with her leg outstretched. Could she have been injured causing the leg issue? Splayed legs should not occur at 5 weeks. A slipped tendon could. Can you post any pictures or her standing or being held up standing? Is she still having loose poops? Is she eating and drinking? At this age coccidiosis can cause them to be weak, not eat, have diarrhea, and puffed up. If that could be possible, you could get some Corid to treat the water for 5-7 days.
yes

Attachments

• B7337FF2-7E75-4A97-A7B0-AB06F21402AE.jpeg
    B7337FF2-7E75-4A97-A7B0-AB06F21402AE.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 2
I would watch the circultaion closely, since hobbles need to be on 4-5 days. Some better options are to use strips of vet wrap, a bandaid cut lengthwise in half, or a hair tie:
1586280640142.jpeg

Attachments

• 1586280578275.png
    1586280578275.png
    533.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom