My 55 new chicks arrived today! ALL DEAD

My Ideal chicks shipped out Monday, too and arrived first thing Wednesday morning. I had 1 DOA in a box of 26. I am inclined to believe it was a postal problem more than an Ideal problem.
hmm.png
I can certainly understand if you want to wait a while before trying again, but if it were me, I'd give Ideal another chance. I am very happy with the chicks I've received from them.
smile.png

I had an order of bantams arrive dead from Ideal. However you can look on the box and check the route they went. I have found out they sit for a day in TX, then they go all the way up to Minnesota(right through Iowa) then they come back down to Iowa. So I have learned I cannot order from Ideal. They take too long. Now I have ordered from them before the dead bantams. Usually there a still a lot of dead ones. I had to pick up my box of dead bantams. Sorry for your loss.

how terrible! i agree that the post office seems to be dropping the ball pretty frequently lately.
i shipped out a dozen denizli eggs to ed (92caddy) they arrived today........smashed.
mind you, they were packed in cotton batting, boxed in shredded paper, and then double boxed in styrofoam peanuts. you should have been able to drop kick those eggs without incident.
give ideal another chance. i've never had a problem with them and i've purchased from them for many years

What a heart break! I know how excited you were thinking about the chicks coming. I ordered 26 chicks from Ideal in Dec and all was fine. I have 26 more coming in on the 25th of Feb. I would give Ideal a chance to replace the dead chicks. Maybe they could wait to send your order until it has warmed up a bit. Ideal doesn't choose the route the post office takes to get the chicks to you, the mail service does. I am sure it will go better next time.
smile.png

I received chicks from Ideal today and had loss. When I arrived at PO they said they are kind of quite and I knew before I looked but of course it was cold last 2 days after warm spell, anyway only 2 were standing but I grabbed and ran heater on high seat warmer on full sweating myself by the time I got home, Warmed and rubbed and babyed for about an hour and now have 5 Brahmas and 4 Delewares going strong I think Ideal has good stock but the weather and the fact that some people dont see chick shipments as anything but "mail" If we are going to order early I think we do have to take some blame

Master S.M.C :

That is deuced up, Ideal has been having problem a BYC member posted yesterday about a 30 chick loss from ideal

It's not just Ideal...aren't there a couple of threads about dead chicks from McMurray also?​

Quote:
It's not just Ideal...aren't there a couple of threads about dead chicks from McMurray also?

It appears to be a postal problem and it is not just chicks, I ship electronics almost daily and they are not getting to their destination in a timely matter. I started getting complaints towards the end of January and it has been non stop. I wonder if the PO has cut their workforce. I also noticed that packages that I receive have been opened and re taped not sure what is going on with that. I know that the PO did change how the packages are tracked and received because I got a notice from them on it, but I thought the change was only for international.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom