My 6 yr old just saved a chick :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well, we had a 100% hatch from my eggs thanks to my 6 yr old son. There was one chick who was having trouble after three days of trying to get out of the shell. While I was putting the dried off chicks in the brooder he took the egg which was partially zipping and carefully peeled away at the shell. Soon he had it out and we put it back in the bator to dry and today it's running all over [​IMG] I was going to cull it because I thought something was wrong with it [​IMG] So my son feels pretty proud he was able to save a life! [​IMG] He did a great job too [​IMG] So careful!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Well Done son! : My 14 year old does that also after a day.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Your story made my day!

4. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Thats so cute how he knew to save it like that! I think that that chick is going to be pretty attatched to him. [​IMG]

5. Tina D

Tina D Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Dutchess County, NY
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Outstanding!!! There is a moment of his life he will never forget!!! [​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    He was pretty happy he could do it and so gently at that. He didn't want my help and I guided him through what he needed to do. I was so proud of him. And he is very attached to his little splash bantam cochin now [​IMG] We had to mark which one was 'his' [​IMG]

8. HetaChick

HetaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    California
    Awww!!! That's cute! It reminds me of when I was younger, helping out the weaker chicks. [​IMG] I only have one bird now but I love to read stories like that, your son seems like a gentle kid. It's such a delicate process.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by