My 7 week old Speckled Sussex

tundraorchid

Hatching
7 Years
May 19, 2012
I keep reading about how darling this breed is, yet with my mixed young flock (Orpington, Wyndotte, and Australorp, and Sussex) this one has been the most assertive/dominating since the get go. I hear that even hens can have larger combs than these other breeds I have. So I have been trying to give this male/female the benefit of the doubt here. It's not the pleasant hen I anticipated.

I am afraid I might have a cockerel?? Please check my photos and let me know your thoughts, and what else I might take a photo of to show you more of the bird. I have a wonderful farm to send this bird should it be a roo, but would love to stop worrying about it (live in the city, can't legally have a roo).

What's the sex of my little 7 week old Speckled Sussex? There's been no crowing sounds. Here are pictures of the whole chicken, the head, the feet and the wings.

One more picture from the top, I know sometimes it's easier to tell from the feathers. I am not experienced at sexing these birds, but I have been reading a lot of these boards to find out what to look for.

Back
Top Bottom