My 8 week old "Pullet" might be a roo? 😅

If it helps you to compare, I have an Orpington pullet who is 10 weeks old and her crest and wattles are way smaller and less red than your Bob!

Also her Barnevelder sister too.
Yes, I got him with a Lavender Orp as well, who has the tiniest little gray/black comb and wattles... They really are friendly curious little ones.. Yours are so lovely🥰

Yes, I got him with a Lavender Orp as well, who has the tiniest little gray/black comb and wattles... They really are friendly curious little ones.. Yours are so lovely🥰
Ah, so you've got a good comparator already! You must know deep down he is a lovely boy then 😁.

I vowed never to get Orpingtons again, as they are so floofy and all the feed goes into feathers rather than eggs, but this little black bantam was an accidental recent purchase and she is the sweetest little friendly thing so I don't regret her for a moment!

Ah, so you've got a good comparator already! You must know deep down he is a lovely boy then 😁.

I vowed never to get Orpingtons again, as they are so floofy and all the feed goes into feathers rather than eggs, but this little black bantam was an accidental recent purchase and she is the sweetest little friendly thing so I don't regret her for a moment!
My Orpington lays a egg every day until she went broody for the first time and she is brooding eggs.

Omg... they are the floofiest of floofy I have ever seen in a chicken (at least as chicks) 😂😂 the other ones (EEs and Dominant Coppers), are soft with clean feather lines, and both of my orps are like big giants puffballs 😂

My Orpington lays a egg every day until she went broody for the first time and she is brooding eggs.
Before, when I had a flock of LF Orpingtons (I now have one bantam Orp) they laid perhaps 4 eggs a week each and the eggs were smallish bearing in mind the chickens were HUGE! Not good feed to egg efficiency. Egg laying also tapers after the first year as do all chickens.

But they were super friendly and gorgeous to look at. I'm in the UK, so these were English Orpingtons from Essex Orpingtons who produce some amazing colours. Look their website up to see some beautiful birds.

Anyway, my little bantam Orp now is only 10 weeks so we will see what her eggs are like, but quite frankly I don't care because she makes up for it in cuteness ☺️

Before, when I had a flock of LF Orpingtons (I now have one bantam Orp) they laid perhaps 4 eggs a week each and the eggs were smallish bearing in mind the chickens were HUGE! Not good feed to egg efficiency. Egg laying also tapers after the first year as do all chickens.

But they were super friendly and gorgeous to look at. I'm in the UK, so these were English Orpingtons from Essex Orpingtons who produce some amazing colours. Look their website up to see some beautiful birds.

Anyway, my little bantam Orp now is only 10 weeks so we will see what her eggs are like, but quite frankly I don't care because she makes up for it in cuteness ☺️
My Orpington is 2 years old and she has been good so far. There cuteness makes up for everything.

Back
Top Bottom