My 8 year old is building a coop!... I'm so proud!

Quote:
Uh, sweetie, if he spends time with the children when you are not around, while you do other things.... it is not babysitting. It's called being a parent. A babysitter is someone who isn't their parent that watches your children, usually for money. Remember that, it's not some huge favor he is doing you.
wink.png

Not only am I proud of your daughter, I'm so pleased that her father takes the time to be her assistant! It takes so long to help your child learn, it would be so faster to just do it! But he is teaching her skills she will have for life, including the skill of wearing safety equipment!!!! And her coop is awesome!

Thanks everyone! I thank him every time he does watch the kids.... I know so many fathers that won't watch they're kids, Ya know? Anyhow here is a picture of the coop how it looks now... and I'm working on the plans. We let isabella pick a coop photo out of one of my poultry magazines then I drew up some really rough plans! So I'm trying to get them ready for posting up here.
48894_img_20110130_091705.jpg

Here is a pic of them sawing... we try and use old traditional methods as much as posible because there safer. After sawing for a while she was like... ' can't we use the power saw'???
48894_img_20110127_143041-1.jpg

So then daddy helped out
48894_img_20110127_143148.jpg

My grandaughter is my Chicken Partner! We have a grand time.....and Pop builds the coops and run and we try to help as much as he will let us. He recently finished the small coop for my three LF cochins that I had cut up and in the driveway. After looking at it he asked my just how I thought I was going to put it together.....I told him 'like a puzzle'. He made me wait until the weekend and 'we' did it together. While working on it he told me that in the spring when he got the dozer running he would build me 'one more coop and run' and that would be it!! THAT will make three and the corner coop.

My DGD had a wonderful idea however, she thinks the VERY LAST COOP needs to be a duplex so we can keep the cochin flock we intend on building up this summer separate by color. Gosh, she always has the best ideas! Maybe Pop will let us be a little more involved in this one. So far we are only part passers!

It is wonderful that your daughter can learn and enjoy such a wonderful thing.....those skills will be with her forever.

Boy you got a bargain,not only do you have a great husband but a carpenter on top of it. When I was a kid I loved watching my father make things with his tools. I was and still am facinated with people that can make things.

I only got to watch because when I asked if I could help, I was either told I was too stupid, or that I would ruin everything. I'm so happy for your daughter that ,60 years later, she won't still be feeling the sting of a fathers words. Maybe fathers were a different breed way back when but, I sure wish all kids had a dad like yours.

Back
Top Bottom