My 8 year old is building a coop!... I'm so proud!

that's a really nice coop! they are doing a really good job, but may i remind you that windows or at least air vents would be a good idea? it's hard to tell from the picture whether there are any or not
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you! Isabella designed a heart or diamond! (Daddys got his work cut out for him!
wink.png
shaped window that's going to go in to the little man door. I'll remind them about vents to.

Quote:
Oh thanks for posting this! All parents need to be reminded to slow down and let kids be a part of your world!

That is great!!!!!!! I always say that young people are capable of so much more than adults think we can do. I am building a bantam coop/ hutch myself, but it is out of an old bookshelf and scrap wood left in our barn by the previous owner so not as ambitous as your daughter's. Good for her and her dad!

Quote:
Thank you! Isabella designed a heart or diamond! (Daddys got his work cut out for him!
wink.png
shaped window that's going to go in to the little man door. I'll remind them about vents to.

okay, i was just making sure
smile.png

awesome!! im 18 and can remember when i worked on trucks with my dad(he isnt into animals). He said NO to chickens clear up until chickens came home in aug, and still says no while he cracks the eggs in the pan to make his breakfast.... its so nice to see a father and daughter doing things like that

I still use all the stuff i learned when i was her age, i do all the maintance on my truck because my dad took time to teach me.

she has a wonderful dad!! she will grow up to be an amazing woman im sure!!
I agree with the post above...hers is much better than mine!!

Congrats!!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! We've been working on it but its been slow... but they got it all sided up and the door cut out... here is 2 updated photos...
Cutting out the chicken door
48894_img_20110202_221911.jpg

48894_img_20110202_221952.jpg

They're going to add a window and some ventilation holes in the top peak that are going to be heart shaped I guess!

that looks wonderful! I hope she enters it in a BYC coop contest, or at least posts it! Such a great lesson learning patience...still working on that one, good thing DH has enough to spare!

Back
Top Bottom