My ALL(!!) done city coop - the girls have moved in!

OK. Inside. I'm not as thrilled with how things are turning out in here. Painting helped. Then I sat on the roost and broke it! Oh well, easy fix.

I still need to cut down my new improved lighter "poop board" and I'm going back and forth about wanting a wire mesh layer between the roost and the board. Also, do you think I need a ladder for them to get up there?

And still need to come up with (asap!) my litter pans or trays or whatever it is I'm going to do with the floor. And then food inside or out? So many details. Oh, yeah, and that one stinky door that we are still working on. The chickens are moving out this weekend NO MATTER WHAT!!! LOL

Here's some progress shots.

Image1-%252862%2529.jpg

Image1-%252860%2529.jpg

Image1-%252861%2529.jpg

The inside looks good painted! I would add a small ramp up to the roosting area. Your feeder you can hang out side from the ceiling down about 1 foot off the ground. Keeps it clean
smile.png
Hope you are able to move them outside this weekend!

Looks wonderful! I would love to paint mine something bright but my husband is SO conservative. Food & water on the outside to help keep it clean. It's going to be hard enough to keep that white clean and they don't eat & drink while they sleep. Just make sure u keep plenty in the run.

Quote:
haha, this is IT. We can only have 3 chickens in our town (we have 4 - that's as much chicken math I'm going to do, and all my coop will hold.) Next is the outdoor run. Or something. I don't know, I'm tired, I need to get the chickens out there and take a week or two off, this thing is exhausting.

Sweet coop. Will the tractor butt up to it or will you have to catch each bird to transfer between coops? Is that feed storage underneath? Love the storm flaps for the peak screens and the strom windows.

Suggest a board across the screened doors opening into the roost area, about twice as tall as your litter is deep. It will help hold the litter back so it's less messy and does not effect the doors closing.

As for the mess on the landing, "have chickens, will scrape poo" (off everthing!)

Very nice job! I see some similarities but mine isn't quite as tall. Just finished 2 weeks ago for our three girls. They are loving life in their new home. Yes, a coat of paint makes all the difference in the world. Not sure if you guys have anything similar up there in Seattle but down here in Portland, I used "Metro Paint", it's recycled and only cost $11/gal (got it at the local Miller Paint Store). I had my doubts about the quality but was very pleasantly surprised. I painted mine "Barn Red" and it was thick, and covered the pre-primed siding easily in just one coat. Enjoy your brood!
91809_picture_039.jpg

Quote:
Um, I have not figured out the tractor thing! I'm wondering if I can train them to follow me for treats until they get to the tractor? The main outdoor run/pen will go behind the coop - that is why we put a second people door in it. And yes, storage! Thanks, I hope my windows work out
smile.png

Quote:
Yes, it's on the must-do list for this weekend. That, the one door/window, and cutting down the poop board. I'm going to have to put the chickens out before my boot racks come, but that's ok, I can't WAIT to deep clean my dusty house.

Quote:
Yes, scrape poo off every.single.thing. wow, they poop a lot.

Back
Top Bottom