My ALL(!!) done city coop - the girls have moved in!

Quote:
Mine will have chocolate brown patio furniture so I can sit and watch my chickens
smile.png
LOL I love the turquoise, I have a glass studio behind the coop (I don't know if any of the photos show it) but it's a boring gray color and I'm thinking of painting it citrus green. My husband thinks I'm crazy, of course.

Keltara, I just looked at your page - you have the best photos!!! How cute!

Pam
I love the brown patio furniture idea. We seem to have similar taste
smile.png
. I love the idea of painting the glass studio Citrus green! It would look so pretty with the coop. And then the addition of colorful flowers! I say go for it.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the compliment on my pictures. Photography is my creative outlet.

This coop is beautiful. And the citrus green would be beautiful with it.
I started painting the furniture on my entry porch over the weekend. Chairs-turquoise, Table-yellow with red trim, Front Door - red, Flower pot - red, Chair Cushions - red, turquoise, citrus green & tan stripe. DH said it's starting to look like a Tiki Bar. But I love the bright "southwestern" colors. It makes me happy every time I step out on the porch.

Rileysgranny, that sounds wonderful too - it's nice to step into your backyard and feel like you could be on vacation....

I thought I'd share a photo of the girls using my new ramp as a roost. Silly chickens. I'll have to give them a real roost.

Image1-%252858%2529.jpg

And here is a picture of the doors, which are still not done. But, we have a plan.

Image1-%252857%2529.jpg

oh, and here's a silly one, that's Pippi and my kiddo:

228680_2103078055522_1202583259_2587427_3622714_n.jpg

Last edited:
I LOVE your ramp idea! I think it's awesome, but wonder if the chickens will make a mess of it sitting there all the time even if you do add roosts. I'll be stalkin' your blog/thread to keep tabs.

We haven't made it to the ramp part yet.

Great job on a beautiful coop!!

Wow, I really like the way you did your door's/windows on the end of the coop. I need to show this to DH. It would be a great modification for our bantam coop! Thanks for the idea!

Nice coop. I feel your pain with the weather, I'm down in south King County. I'm still waiting for a dry weekend to put the shingles on the roof.
big_smile.png

Keith

Quote:
It's covered in poop! What a mess. I need to get a roost up ASAP. One higher than the top platform, I guess. I'm going to have to repaint the ramp in something high gloss so I can clean it!

one thing I think I did right about the ramp/platforms - is I did not push the platforms right up to the wire walls, I didn't want the poop rolling down the ramp and flying through the wall and onto my walkway. Seems to be working at least.

Back
Top Bottom