My All in One coop from building coops for dummys

Quote:
It should hold 6 hens just fine. I have bantams and young birds in it now. I have a trio of bantam cochins,pair of young BLRW, and a guinea. all fit in the building great they mostly perch on the middle wall. I didnt know what to put there since that seem to be fogotten in the book. so I left it open more air during the summer.

Quote:
I have used them in my nest boxes and only had one egg not laid in the boxes. Seems to work great for my girls. How did you like using the book? I thought it was really clear and easy to follow but I did find some mistakes in some of the measurements on the walk in coop.

I like the book alot. I have found it very easy Quote the dummy part LOL. I did find a few mistakes in the measurement but fixed them.

HOW COOL!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!!

Quote:
Are you kidding me?? That book is almost (ALMOST) sacred text in this house!

Many thanks to everyone who participated in putting that book together.

Yup, Dave Zook is the owner of Horizon Structures and we're both co-authors of the book. Oh, and of course Horizon Structures is one of our BYC Official Sponsors that helps to keep BYC running!

I had my nest box (milk crate also) mounted on the wall too. My chickens kept laying eggs under it also, so I finally just removed it from the wall and set it on the floor. They love it.

104...what were the dimensions of this coop? What is the suggested number of hens for a coop this size? Nice job!

SO COOL , would be a great coop for some bantams
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom