My Ameraucana coop under construction

Well I candled and 3 were clear so I tossed and one stopped growing somewhere between day 6 and day 14. But the good news is I have one of Silver & one of Charolette's and they both look great. Monday the 29th is the day I stop turning so they are due to hatch around the 1st.

Nice coop and run PI.

IN the first construction pics, the wood looked glossy, was it wet or had you coated it with something?

I love construction pictures!
smile.png

Quote:
I'd been trying for 3 weeks to get this thing built and it's been delayed by one thing or another. Including rain it has rained almost everyday and I been trying to get it finished and it's rained for the past 5 days. So that why it looks glossy it was soaking wet. As soon as it gets the siding put on I'll post the picture and I plan on staining the whole thing to help protect it too.

Twila, right now, I have you down for more to be sent on the 26th of Nov, but looking at my calendar, I may be able to bump that up to the 13th possibly(the 12th is a holiday). If I can, do you want them on the earlier date?

You know, on those clears, I bet they were fertile and the development was stopped before the naked eye could discern it. All of Charlotte's and Silver's eggs I've incubated at home have been fertile, so it was probably a little too much shaking by the P.O. In any case, now that both girls are laying, and hopefully will continue, I may be able to get you more than seven this time around. More eggs, better odds.

Thank you just let me know how much and I can send it off to you. I haven't cracked them open yet was going to do it a little later. Will let you know what I find out.

Back
Top Bottom