My Ameraucanas (?)

Today was their first visit to the great outdoors. They were nervous for about 30 seconds before attacking all the tasty moving specks. They seemed like they were comfy and happy to be out there.

Today is our 1 week mark together. 20230520_144114.jpg

More photos!View attachment 3517254View attachment 3517255View attachment 3517256View attachment 3517258View attachment 3517259View attachment 3517261

I'm curious if anyone can say how severe "Beaky's" cross beak will be when mature...

I'm still open to proper names! 😅
They are SO cute, they are growing fast! 💖 I have never kept a cross beak, however I have known a couple of people that have. From what I understand, the beak will grow worse as the bird ages unfortunately. :( She will probably need to eat mash as she gets older as mash is easier to pick up.

I've been reading that it only gets worse. So far, they're hanging in there, even if they spill a bit more food. I've been keeping a special eye on 'em to make sure they're eating good. I tried feeding separately, but it was too busy being angry at being alone to eat. I'll keep watching and if I need to change things up, I will. I may just have to start getting it accustomed to being alone more. 🤔

I've been reading that it only gets worse. So far, they're hanging in there, even if they spill a bit more food. I've been keeping a special eye on 'em to make sure they're eating good. I tried feeding separately, but it was too busy being angry at being alone to eat. I'll keep watching and if I need to change things up, I will. I may just have to start getting it accustomed to being alone more. 🤔
As long as she still gets her sustenance, she should be ok. Not all cases of cross beak are horribly severe. I will be keeping my fingers crossed she does OK! :fl

The gang's learning to perch. :love
They are now spending the day outside in the big crate and in the evenings, I bring them inside to their smaller crate to sleep. I wake up early every morning to one of them screaming the song of their people, then I go back to sleep.
View attachment 3524520
What a beautiful photo! :love Your babies are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom