My Americana isn't walking or eating.

Chiki543

Hatching
Mar 22, 2015
I need help with my Americana she isn't eating but drinks some water, but then she will throw it up. She isn't walking either she will get up time to time and takes a few steps, and then goes back to sleep. Her crop is very big. Last time she pooped was about an hour ago and it was green and white. She is very light and weak. She is very thin, to the point were you can feel every thing popping out. There are no wounds and nothing Broken she just isn't eating. She is only about 3 months. Please help need answers.:(

:(

She isn't doing to good I really need answers please help

Is it possible for a crop to Burt because her crop is very big and lop sided it feels swollen.
1f616.png
1f616.png
1f616.png
1f622.png
1f622.png
1f622.png
I think she's going to die!!! I NEED HELP!!!

Oh no, I just read this. It could have been sour crop.

If it was sour crop you should have caught it earlier, but it seems as you were a few days late in order to treat it.

To prevent this from happening to the other girls check there crop every morning and make sure it's fine. Also consider worming all of them as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the information i'll do that. Yes i have more chics its just that one was my favorite she was like the closest one not scared at all, very friendly.

Oh no, I just read this. It could have been sour crop. 

If it was sour crop you should have caught it earlier, but it seems as you were a few days late in order to treat it. 

To prevent this from happening to the other girls check there crop every morning and make sure it's fine. Also consider worming all of them as soon as possible.

Agreed. Sour crop can happen due to worms. A chickens crop should be empty & down every morning unless you don't get to them before they eat. Sour crop can also happen from too much of certain treats, like fruit, an impacted crop, or bad feed among other issues. I'm dealing with a hen with sour crop right now. Usually all least once a year at least one gets crop issues. With sour crop their crop will be swollen, like a water balloon, a fowl smell will come from their mouth, & they can vomit on their own if not caught early & their crop is very large.

I have two 7 week old americanas doing the same exact thing I've been pushing water and keeping warm and in a quite place not really pooping cause there not eatting any other suggestions for this would help so far everyone else is fine

Back
Top Bottom