My Ancona Breeding Pair Duck's

May 31, 2019
Hi all Duck Members I have a Important Question both are my Ancona Duck's my Drake Ben is a Tri-Colored and an Overly Marked Black and White and my Hen Rey is a Chocolate and White pictures don't do her justice she is Chocolate and White in Person. But if I Decide to have Ducklings out them one day can I try?? I posted them on a Ancona Duck Group on Facebook and said not to because they are not the right coloring. But I read everywhere Online different Websites that my Colors are Very Different and Rare that you can use these both colors for breeding purposes?? Thank you
20190602_165650.jpg
20190602_165602.jpg
20190602_165216.jpg
20190602_165236.jpg
20190602_165534.jpg

Hey I saw your FB post! Funny how we overlap on social media! I think the breeding comments are around breeding to a certain standard. But they may have certain qualities that you like and want to focus on for a breeding program - I think you just have to know going into it that you have a chance of producing nonstandard or undesired color/pattern of offspring - and that means undesired to those that focus on the standard. Personally I think your male is gorgeous (really really gorgeous) and although he may not have the typical desired breed standard coloring (as others may say) someone like me who just likes Anconas in general for pets and eggs might really want more like him. I can't wait to see pics of the babies!!!

Thank you so Very Much I would never do that to Ben and Rey ever I Love them Way To Much they both was a Gift to me and Rey is the sweetest Duck ever when I kneel down she sits on my leg so nope they are not going to be dinner they was saying to Cull them because Ben and Rey wasn't the right color pattern but I looked at so many Ancona Duck websites and there colors are on many of websites saying that is a breed able colors

Just was wondering also can some Please tell me if my Muscovy Duck is a Hen or Drake Leia is 6 months old I got her with my 2 Anconas Ben and Rey I posted Leia my Muscovy on Facebook and some say Hen and some say Drake. I am just tried of this game.
20190602_170309.jpg
20190531_102116.jpg

Back
Top Bottom