My Anconas got to be free and in the pond for the first time!

They are safe....we don't have a predator problem......we have many, many ducks in the neighborhood and no one has ever lost one to a predator. My only thing is....I want them to lay their eggs in there. My nests last year--five of them!--kept getting eaten. The whole reason we even built this duck pen was so the eggs would be safe, and it would be easy for me to collect them.

So annoyed at the little brats!

Quote:
How come no predators?

Yeah, anyway?

BTW Miss Lidia: we found a 12 lb racoon near our place so I now lock my ducks up! Very tight! Im afraid for their lives!!!!

Quote:
How come no predators?

Yeah, anyway?

BTW Miss Lidia: we found a 12 lb racoon near our place so I now lock my ducks up! Very tight! Im afraid for their lives!!!!

now thats a big racoon DuckGirl, good idea to keep them locked up, sounds like that racoon was eating real good.

I'm not sure why there aren't any predators....they may well be, but I have never locked any of my ducks up at night....the people I got them from have a TON of ducks, there are TONS in this neighborhood....a lot live free in the creek running behind some houses.....I just never thought of locking them up because no one else does. Never even thought about it until I joined this forum. My eggs did keep getting eaten last year...five nests....but no one in my neighborhood has ever lost any ducks, geese, chickens. I am not saying we don't have ANY, but, like I said, there have been no casualties!

Hope I am not the first.

I am celebrating 6 nights in a row that the ducks went to bed in their house - but it has been a LONG time coming. How old are the twerps that you are integrating?

LOL.......they are about 6 weeks old...and they have been out in their new house at least 3 weeks now, so, I figured we had a plan cemented!! But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they have to make everything so difficult!!!

Back
Top Bottom