My angel fish had babies!

Quote:
i cant se the pic
sad.png

That's weird... I can see it fine
hmm.png

Nice pic. That's so cool. I loooove baby fish. They look like freaky little tadpole creatures, then they turn into perfect miniatures of their parents. Right now I have a pair of BN plecos that I'm trying to breed. I also have a male keyhole cichlid and a female blue ram. The ram tries to spawn with the keyhole and he just eats her eggs. Saves me from having to cull them if the eggs were viable though.

That is way to cool!!!

I live in WI too!! and I"ve been looking for some angels to breed. Where abouts are you? I'm about 30 miles N of Antigo.

I have two 55 gallon tanks just waiting for a breeding pair of angels. How old were yours before they started breeding?

I found a fish Rescue in Merrill WI and the the woman raises angels but she never calls me back !!!!

I remember as a teenager I had a beautiful angel fish that got huge. Then one day I didn't see it in the tank and later that day found it on the floor all dried up. Somehow it managed to jump out of the tank.

Let me know if you are close and if you have any extras !! I do get down to Racine if you live down that way !!

Good luck with the little ones.

Sandi

vanilla.exe :

Yupp, those are the ones. Nothing fancy, just the standard ancistrus temminckii.

The only ones I could ever breed were the really easy ones (guppies, danios, tiger barbs) but the eggs never hatched as I wasn't really trying to rear fry. I think I also had some goldfish and neon tetras spawn... Anyway, good luck with that project
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The only ones I could ever breed were the really easy ones (guppies, danios, tiger barbs) but the eggs never hatched as I wasn't really trying to rear fry. I think I also had some goldfish and neon tetras spawn... Anyway, good luck with that project
smile.png

Thank you! I've had some spawns from my old pair of rams nut that was a few years ago. Right now my plecos are not big enough to spawn. They're almost 3 inches each and although it can happen, usually they wait until closer to the 4 inch mark. Plus they just moved across the country so they're not the happiest fish in the world at the moment.

that is so cool!

I love cichlids, but have never had angelfish my mother used to have a breeding pair of angels.

I had a pair of jack dempsey's that spawned, they had three batches before I rehomed them.

I've also had convict cichlids I've actually found them hard to breed, but most people say they're easy

I want to get back into swordtails

Back
Top Bottom