My angel fish had babies!

PitterPaws

Songster
12 Years
Nov 29, 2007
Wisconsin
I have angel fish babies!!
love.gif

This is so amazing how the parent fish care for there young! I've never had a breeding pair of Angels before, I've always only had one, don't know why but it just

happened that way.

This time I got two angels and as luck would have it they were a male and a female. They laid their eggs, first two batches were eaten, then they laid this batch and

they did great, they hatched, and today 7 days later they are swimming around the parent fish, with the parents taking very good care of them. this is so much fun to

watch, I've only had Fancy Guppies who would give birth and eat their babies if they weren't rescued in time.

My Question is: Do the babies need to be separated from the adults soon or can they stay with them?

and how old do they have to be before I can give them away, or sell them?

Thanks!

First of all PICS! Both babies and the parents. I don't know much about Angel fish but that's really cool, i'm glad that they were not eaten this time. My guppies have eaten all but one babie and they are still trying to fit it in their mouth! Congratulations!

usually as young adults they will eat the eggs not the babies but they end up being great parents when they about double their size i would move them and are they koi angelfish?

Cichlids (which angelfish are, even though they don't look like it!) typically make very good attentive protective parents. OTOH that has been accidentally bred out of a number of fancy angelfish. I'd say leave them together but keep a close eye on them.

Good luck, have fun, and congrats
smile.png

Pat

Congrats! I love angel fish! You should be able to sell them when they are about the size of a 1/2 dollar. I had an arrangement years ago with a local pet store (not a chain) that would take my babies. I could take cash or run a tab and take it out in trade.
smile.png
Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice! Here is a photo of mom and dad and babies. the papa is silver and black, and the mom is mostly black. the babies are next to the papa, it's very hard to get a good photo of them, they are so small!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom