My Angels Are Spawning! *** PHOTOS! ***

I've never seen angels that color. They're pretty.

Why do they prefer a metal pipe anyhow?

hmm.png

I LOVE those fish! I love angel fish..but those are just beautiful! Are they rare or something? I've never seen them before..

I don't think the color is uncommon. I bought them from a breeder in New York state. They arrived in the mail!

Angels need a long slab at an angle to deposit the eggs on. Many breeders use a piece of slate. I was unprepared for them to be breeding and all I had at hand was the piece of pipe. I have noticed more activity, the remaining angels are starting to fire up. They really remind me of turkeys, they STRUT and also vibrate and make a loud clicking sound at each other. When angry they lock jaws and get into serious shoving battles. Not very 'angelic' at all.

The eggs laid are gone, either the pair ate them or possibly one of the pleco's. Perhaps more success next time.

Quote:
Do you have other fish in there besides the plecos? I've heard angels are aggressive - just wondering who they get along with. Sorry about the eggs
sad.png

Yep, have a pair of swordtails, a male betta, 3 old zebra danios, 2 plecos, 2 glow lights, 6 head and tail lights, 1 cory, 2 silvertips, a pair of Bolivian rams and a freshwater shrimp in there. None of them pick on each other though the spawing angels did run everyone off while they were spawning.

Back
Top Bottom