My Araucana is not laying

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Give her time to grow up and mature. Also, make sure she has water, food and calcium.

You can post a photo of the bird and we can help you look for the visual cues that would indicate how close she might be to that first egg. If she is one of the birds in your avatar she (and the other "Araucana") is actually an Easter Egger - they are often misrepresented as being purebred Auracana or Ameraucana birds.

I, too, have EE's. They're 17 weeks old today and none are laying. The short days are not a factor, being late July in Montana and an average temp of about 85 - 90°, so what's the deal here? lol I skipped a step in the food graduation, not realizing there was a "Starter Layer", so went from "Starter" to "Layer". Could that be the problem IF this is a problem?

I, too, have EE's. They're 17 weeks old today and none are laying. The short days are not a factor, being late July in Montana and an average temp of about 85 - 90°, so what's the deal here? lol I skipped a step in the food graduation, not realizing there was a "Starter Layer", so went from "Starter" to "Layer". Could that be the problem IF this is a problem?

There is no problem - your birds are not ready to lay yet. At 17 weeks they are barely within the range of time in which onset of production can be expected, and are likely 3-5 weeks out.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom