My Attempt at a Dual Purpose Heritage Flock

Pics
I think your project is well ahead of my own. Much congratulations on your progress.

Also, voicing my agreement with @B and K Homestead , @peepdaddy and the like re: pictures. I take pictures to share on facebook with friends and family of my animals most days, and have maybe a dozen good photos in as many months.
Thank you. I am humbled by how well these birds have taken to my hair brained schemes. They just keep doing what I want! I am very much looking forward to eating these boys and enjoying my first home bred meaties.

Finally got some weights today! 7 week weigh in numbers.

The red sex link meatie males are weighing in at a respectable average of 3.1lbs at 7 weeks.

The New Hampshire females are averaging slightly larger at 3.3lbs

And my one NH cockerel toppin the scales at 4.2lbs at 7 weeks!

Very happy with these weights
Looks like your project is living up to or exceeding your hopes and is rapidly advancing towards your goals!

Finally got some weights today! 7 week weigh in numbers.

The red sex link meatie males are weighing in at a respectable average of 3.1lbs at 7 weeks.

The New Hampshire females are averaging slightly larger at 3.3lbs

And my one NH cockerel toppin the scales at 4.2lbs at 7 weeks!

Very happy with these weights
I'm happy to see how well the male sex links are doing, great news!

I use a portable hangingg digital scale with a bucket. Hook up the bucket, press the tare button, and put the bird in the bucket. Since this scale is for animals it actually freezes the accurate weight on the screen even if the animal moves around
Very nice! Anxious to see the 12 week weights. How are you weighing them? I thought about trying to put them in a kill cone and using a fish scale as a way to be more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom