My babies arrived from Cackle today!

Criskin

Lost somewhere in a book
10 Years
May 19, 2009
The cabin beside the lake
I am so excited that I just have to share! I've been waiting for over a month for the little guys to arrive and this morning they did. I ordered Buff Orpingtons, Partridge and Barred Rocks. All arrived alive (even the extra) and look healthy and happy. I am having so much fun watching them run around. It is funny because the Orpingtons already seem more laid back than the rest. My favorite so far is a little PR cockerel who already seems to think he is the king of the brooder!

Congrats on your babies!!! Would you mind posting some close ups of your partridge rocks? I got a bunch of chicks in my Hatchery surprise and I am trying to figure out if they are PR or not.

Thanks, Sarah

My camera isn't the best, but here's a close up of one of the Partridge Rocks. My son was more than happy to help the little guy pose. I hope it helps!

Very cute, congrats!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

lol And I had to share again! This little Buff pullet seems to have taken up with my son, Ben...she just sat in his hand looking content. When I came over to put her back in the brooder (I don't want them handled too much the first day) she pitched a fit! He was so exited, he said "MaMa, she likes me!"

BenChick.jpg

Thanks, They are too cute. Mine were not that dark though....
21675_dscn0885.jpg

This was I think at about 1 week....

Here they were at 4 weeks.....
21675_dscn1047.jpg

Maybe they are Rhode Island Reds? We used to keep them on the farm when I was young. I forget what they look like as babies but I remember that rich red coloring when they got their feathers. Whatever they are, they are gorgeous!

The picture with your son is so sweet. Our buff orpington chicks are 7 weeks old now and we just love them. Very friendly. Love to be petted. They all come over for some loving every time we go in their pen.

Back
Top Bottom