My babies arrived!

siroiszoo

Songster
14 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Waller, TX
WELCOME TO TEXAS Babies! Sorry about the heat wave but you have done very well in shipment!
29821_kyllonen_baby_chicks_038b.jpg

My baby Black Australorps & Buff Orpingtons
29821_kyllonen_baby_chicks_042b.jpg

29821_kyllonen_baby_chicks_045b.jpg

29821_kyllonen_baby_chicks_052b.jpg

So cute! You are going to love the Australorps. I was reluctant to get any because I thought black chickens would be boring-looking, but they have turned out very beautiful and elegant in their shiny "little black dresses".

After all, every girl should have a little black dress!

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks! I researched for awhile before I made the decision on Australorps & Orpingtons. Always had RIRs, Wyondotts (sp?), Cochins, Red & Black Stars. Haven't been real happy with the personality of those later flocks. Decided to go for something new.
big_smile.png

Here are a few Day 2 pics. Not sure if they grew overnight but the poo sure did!
lol.png
They aren't quite as fuzzy & round today, either.

29821_chicks_day_2_018b.jpg

29821_chicks_day_2_025b.jpg

29821_chicks_day_2_032b.jpg

29821_chicks_day_2_039b.jpg

The Australorps are BEAUTIFUL!! And SO SOFT!!
love.gif

And our BO has become my son's showmanship bird for 4H as she is the calmest...

You're gonna LOVE them!!! Congrats on the new babies!!
wee.gif

We've got 1 BO and 2 BAs. Each is a sweet bird with a nice personality. Last weekend the older 2 hopped into my lap for a nap.

BTW, the BOs grow MUCH faster than the BAs. I was afraid for a while that the BO was a roo, she grew so fast. The BOs are so much heftier than the dainty BAs.

Mid-June (3 months old):
Allthenewbies.jpg

Hostasalad.jpg

End of March (2 weeks old):
P1010599.jpg

Mid-March (days old):
P1010478.jpg

Wow JennsPeeps! How your chicks have grown! I can't wait for mine to get that big - although baby peeps are SOOOO cute!

UR CHICKS ARE SOOOO CUTE! I just got 14 cochins a few weeks ago. 4 are blue, 2 are redish(?), 2 are frizzies, and 6 are buff. The guy did give us an extra but we dont know what it is yet!

Back
Top Bottom