My babies at 5 weeks

Nugget

Songster
12 Years
Sep 2, 2007
I'd like to know if you all are thinking what I'm thinking! Boy, girl or ?
smile.png

I've had several people tell me the gender of Ros and Ruby already, but I'll include those pictures too, because pictures are always fun to post :eek:)

A) Tulip, silver laced wyandotte at 5 weeks
Tulip.jpg

B) Noodle, silver laced wyandotte at 5 weeks
Noodle.jpg

C) Gumbo, silver laced wyandotte, 5 weeks
Gumbo.jpg

D) Opus, barred rock, 5 weeks
Opus.jpg

E) Molasses, gold laced wyandotte, 5 weeks
2007-10-08043.jpg

F) Ruby, Don't really know what he is! 5 weeks
Ruby.jpg

G) Ros, gold laced wyandotte at 9 weeks
Ros.jpg

Ros has been mounting the other chicks... is this behaviour definitive, or are they like dogs in this respect (female dogs will mount too)

I would say
a) roo(?)
b)roo(?)
c)roo(?)
D)pullet(fairly confident)
E)pullet(fairly confident)
F)Roo(fairly confident)
G)roo(fairly confident)

Boy i hope I am wrong.. that would be alot of roos, if they came supposedly sexed I would say I would have to be wrong on a few but if you ordered st. run I would not be surprised if you had atleast 3 roos. I have never had a female mount another flockmate. Lets see what other say.

Heather

I agree with Heather. First 3 look like boys and the last 2.

Jody

I was hoping someone would tell me I was wrong (I was thinking the same thing)... What am I going to do with them all! They were straight run... but even so, I had hoped for a 50/50 ratio
sad.png

You have a lot of roos there. I looked at all the pictures and the only pullet I saw was D. Opus. While I'm not 100% sure Molasses is a roo, they are still young yet and at that age is showing more Roo characteristics then I'd expect to see.

Opus had white on her belly as a baby, she's now almost all black. No barring at all, aside from the little bit of white near her eye... Maybe he sold me a crow. There were some australorps at the farm, could she be one of those?

Back
Top Bottom