My babies have shipped!

Amberleighe

Chirping
9 Years
May 12, 2013
Bonaire, Georgia
jumpy.gif
I am so anxious. I got an email earlier today that my 2 polish hens did not hatch so I had to call and choose 2 different birds so I decided to get a Buff Orp and an EE! Both of which I really wanted anyhow. Then about 3 hours ago I got the confirmation that my babies have been shipped I cannot help but to keep checking their tracking numbers... and I feel so anxious and a tad worried about them.. it's a long journey from Ohio to Georgia for such tiny fragile babies!
wee.gif
I just want to run around in circles I am so anxious. I continue to wonder if I have everything I need, I have a feeder, a waterer, a brooder with a lamp, bedding, medicated chick feed, and GroGel Plus... am I forgetting anything?

Our brooder
yesss.gif

Quote: Just a lovely set-up, congrats! If you are worried about travel stress in the chicks, you can pick up a bottle of Poultry Nutri-Drench. http://www.bovidr.com/poultry.html Tractor Supply carries it or online 4 oz. bottle is 7.00-10.00 .
Give each chick one drop only by mouth when they arrive. Then 2cc per gallon in their water every day for the first several weeks. , if you wish. here's the website. 800,000+ birds second the notion.
Best,
Karen
in western PA, USA

Last edited:
Oh Thank You, Thank You! I have to run there and grab some items before they arrive, I will add this to my list. Do you know if it is ok to give them with with the GroGel Plus?

Bea-u-ti-ful Brooder! (I love the knob) Yay! New chicks!

That's funny, my four new chicks were just shipped today too!!!
Meyer Hatchery?

:D

Last edited:
Bea-u-ti-ful Brooder! (I love the knob) Yay! New chicks!

That's funny, my four new chicks were just shipped today too!!!
Meyer Hatchery?

big_smile.png
Hehe yes I did order from Meyer! They are so friendly and very helpful!

Thank you it was pretty simple to make, I ordered a whole lot of 8 of those knobs on Etsy.com... they will also be used on the coop
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom