My babies have wattles!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I picked up Isis this afternoon to tell her about the progress we're making on her coop
roll.png
and I got a scare. At first glance it looked like she was bleeding from her neck! A closer look and I discovered she has wattles! I checked and most of the other chicks do too; hers and one of the roos are just the most prominant. My babies are growing up wayyyyy too fast.
hit.gif

Are these the 23 day old chicks. My chicks are about the same age as your's..I'm going to have to go home and see if they are starting to develop wattles.

Quote:
They are 23 days old today. I can't imagine that the chick sexers at Ideal made a mistake with all 21 chicks and they are all showing development of em, even if with some it's just a little. The wattles aren't "hanging" or anything, but it's evident that they are getting them. My light brahma girls are simply huge chicks; everyone that sees them (& knows more about chicks than I do) tells me so.
**chick_a_rama, are you talking about the different smilies? Just to the right of the text box (where you type your message) it says 'Smilies [show] [hide]', click on show.
Edited to correct myself: It's not Isis that I picked up that day. It was one of the nameless ones.
hmm.png
I'll try to get a pic later.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom