My "babies" now a year old, and new babies! And hubby brought home a roo...

Quote:
Yes. My husband wanted to name him Tandoori or Vindaloo.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
After we got home from traveling across the state for Thanksgiving, we let the girls out to play in the snow. Grandma was too afraid to let them out in their first exposure to snow. Once the 8 inches melted down to 2 or 3, they were fine walking around in it. There were chicken tracks in the snow all around the yard! The places where we'd shoveled were down to the grass, which they appreciated very much. :p

Sorry for the big files!

2db050c2.jpg

56068cac.jpg

82571606.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for all the compliments on my girl! Amazingly enough she's a McMurray hachery stock rosecomb brown leghorn.

As for all the horror stories I've heard about leghorns, all of my RCBL's have been very friendly and sweet. Not cuddly like my partridge rocks, but not flighty or aggressive.
smile.png

Well, General Tso had to go to camp- he stalked me and attacked me constantly. Oh, well. But recently My husband brought home a new rooster. He hadn't been out of the garage, and he was 5 months old. He is so kind and sweet to me, his girls, and my son. And he LOVES my husband. He's a beautiful GLW.

The first few days, he was so attached to hubby that he'd fly up onto his back. He doesn't do that anymore, thank goodness. Look how clean his feet are/were!

He has shown his girls where the bird feeder is.
roll.png

Solo.

The new chicks arrived April 10th. Black copper marans (2) , easter eggers(4), golden comets(2), welsummers(2), and barnevelders(1).

Back
Top Bottom