My babies

Beautiful chicks, Bob. You have every reason to be proud and anxious.
The blue orps are foreign to me. I'm somewhat an orp fanatic with both buffs and whites, yet I have never seen a blue.
I am doing some extensive research for them this evening in an effort to educate myself. Apparently there are not many sources out there for them. I am embarking upon a breeding program and thought about giving them a try.

speckledhen,
I'm not having any luck finding Suede but I'm willing to take your word for it. I was reading your posts on another post and saw the pics of the young roos. That is what prompted me to post with Bob about his blues.
How does one go about obtaining them and or some purebred hatching eggs?
Oh Boy! Here I go. Next to buy an incubator and then what? Got a bad case of chickee fever.

gig.gif
We got a Blue Orp or Blue Suede mania going on! Who can resist Blue Orps????!!!!!

Quote:
Hopefully by then I will have my head over the brooder staring at the cuteness. I'll be checking in for progress updates. I think there's a few us "expecting" later this week!
lol.png

Yeah, well, I'm not sure even asprin will help with this. MissyPrissy started the mania yesterday by posting pics of hers and then repobob follows suit. Sorta looks like a conspiracy to me. Whacha' think?

Hi Yogi. I totally enjoy orps, they are wonderful birds. I bought these at a show in Iowa last fall. I was just getting started and didn't know much about them other than they were good layers. After owning them now for five months I couldn't ask for a better all around bird. I too will be starting a breeding program this spring. My basic game plan is to purchase or trade eggs with people here to get a good basic flock with a diverse gene pool. Then start breeding to obtain the traits I want. We'll have to compare notes. If you want I'd be willing to trade you black and blue orp eggs for some white and buff. I'm going to be isolating the three in the picture and another blue orp hen in the next few days so I would have some pure eggs by say the first of April. The eggs I have now are a mixture of the birds in the picture, two RIR roos, and a sex link hen. They all share one pen.

Speckeledhen is doing a lot of work with orps. Do take a look at her pictures as she suggested. They are beautiful.

Kathy Thanks. I don't know much about wyandottes, I'll have to check them out. I know jab91864 has some beautiful wyandottes.

Okiechick seeing these just made waiting for the ones in the bator that much harder
tea.gif

Thanks countryboy.

Back
Top Bottom