My baby chicks have rice in crop, should I be worried, can their small organs digest rice?

Nothing artificial about chick feed. It's a balanced diet of protein, grains, vitamins, & nutrients they need to grow up healthy. Some breeds of chicks require more fat in their diet for better growth, & feather growth rate. Figured this out with my Malays.

Good source of Fat for them is in Farmers Helper, UltraKibble, & Baby Cakes. The UltraKibble also has extra protein, almost 30% protein.

Yes, I agree with the rest, rice should only be given cooked, otherwise there's gonna be problems.

Nope. Definitely not a good idea. Things have changed a lot, and if you want healthy chickens that is not the way to go. Even mixed into their food, they will pick it out. These are not your grandfathers chickens from the early 1900s... things have changed drastically since then. Bottom line - if you give your kid Mac and cheese and broccoli on the same plate, what are they going to favor?

Haha I don’t think chickens are so much different than from the early 1900’s. They are just chickens. Someone may want to tell all of the millions of wild birds and ducks eating rice in fields that its bad for them. Just don’t feed exclusively rice.

Haha I don’t think chickens are so much different than from the early 1900’s. They are just chickens. Someone may want to tell all of the millions of wild birds and ducks eating rice in fields that its bad for them. Just don’t feed exclusively rice.
Wild birds are completely different than domesticated chickens that have been bred to produce tons of eggs and meat. Wild birds have acclimated digestive systems. And yes - the chickens around now are completely different; purposeful breeding has changed genetics and chickens now need the diet we bred them to have. Their digestive systems are completely differently than those of wild birds. Just because wild dogs and wolves eat exclusively meat (raw, for that matter), do we feed our domesticate dogs that way? No... bc they’d die and develop all kind of issues from lack of adequate nutrition. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Wild birds are completely different than domesticated chickens that have been bred to produce tons of eggs and meat. Wild birds have acclimated digestive systems. And yes - the chickens around now are completely different; purposeful breeding has changed genetics and chickens now need the diet we bred them to have. Their digestive systems are completely differently than those of wild birds. Just because wild dogs and wolves eat exclusively meat (raw, for that matter), do we feed our domesticate dogs that way? No... bc they’d die and develop all kind of issues from lack of adequate nutrition. You’re comparing apples to oranges.
Both apples and oranges are fruits and they are both sweet when plucked at the right time and they are both sour when they aren't plucked at the right time. You CAN feed dogs raw meat but not too much.

Both apples and oranges are fruits and they are both sweet when plucked at the right time and they are both sour when they aren't plucked at the right time. You CAN feed dogs raw meat but not too much.
.... yea. Still not getting the point I see.

Anywho, sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread. Don’t feed chicks rice - that is all.

Back
Top Bottom