My baby chicks have rice in crop, should I be worried, can their small organs digest rice?

Is there something I can do then?
I would wait to see if there is anything wrong with their vent. If there is I would chop up some bits of onion since it can help them digest better (some people will say onion is bad for their health but I gave some to my leghorn before when there was something wrong with her vent and she got better with a few days but she was an adult by then. I'm not too sure for chicks maybe give the chick 10-15 small diced up cubes only)

I would wait to see if there is anything wrong with their vent. If there is I would chop up some bits of onion since it can help them digest better (some people will say onion is bad for their health but I gave some to my leghorn before when there was something wrong with her vent and she got better with a few days but she was an adult by then. I'm not too sure for chicks maybe give the chick 10-15 small diced up cubes only)
Wrong with the vent? It’s the CROP that is the concern. Their vents have nothing to do with this.....

.... I’m not specifically talking about every toddler in the world I’m talking about what’s most common, and you know that.
In India and other Asian countries broccoli is DELICIOUS. Some of my friends are Irish and Italian and they loved it too as kids.

Wrong with the vent? It’s the CROP that is the concern. Their vents have nothing to do with this.....
I know but sometimes the vent can also have problems along with the crop like some of my chickens. If there is something wrong with the crop it could a warning that something bad may happen too in their vent. I'm pretty sure though that the rice can pass through fine there still might be a possibility that there is a problem in the vent.....

Yes - stop giving them rice and give them chick starter only.
I still disagree with you... Rice is fine and chickens will eat it. Feeding them only chick starter is like you only eating artificial food and colors until you grow up. Chicks will need a little dinner scraps too since it may also include important vitamins.

Hmm, you guys seem hopeful, I hope nothing bad happens to the chicks, of course I will take note on the other suggestions you guys gave, I just hope the chicks will be ok and if something happens, either betterment or demise, I will notify here.

Did the OP’s chicken get uncooked rice or cooked rice? Uncooked rice should never ever be given. Onions and garlic should not be given to chickens or other animals because those may cause liver toxicity and anemia, if given in large quantities.

Chickens need a balanced diet in a commercial chicken feed. Either a flock raiser/all flock feed or a layer feed for layers should be used. If other things are fed in quantities, there would be a lack of protein, vitamins, and minerals. I have fed a small quantity of cooked rice a couple of times, but uncooked rice could possibly swell and block the crop or digestive tract.

Back
Top Bottom