I just hatched out 15/15 two weeks ago! Yeah quail lovers. Try a dry hatch next time and see if that helps improve hatch. As long as it stays between 40-50% humidity your good. Around 60% for drop down and let them go the entire 18 days. I drop mine down on day 14 and leave incubator closed and put half the amount one chamber would hold. They need it a little dryer because as you may have noticed, they pip all the way around and blast out of the eggs! Also, no small eggs. Not enough room to grow and can’t absorb yolk quick enough to make room. Congrats to you! You are on a new and stinky adventure. Good compost poop material though!

I just hatched out 15/15 two weeks ago! Yeah quail lovers. Try a dry hatch next time and see if that helps improve hatch. As long as it stays between 40-50% humidity your good. Around 60% for drop down and let them go the entire 18 days. I drop mine down on day 14 and leave incubator closed and put half the amount one chamber would hold. They need it a little dryer because as you may have noticed, they pip all the way around and blast out of the eggs! Also, no small eggs. Not enough room to grow and can’t absorb yolk quick enough to make room. Congrats to you! You are on a new and stinky adventure. Good compost poop material though!
Congrats on that hatch!! Sounds amazing. I will definitely try a dry hatch next time, thank you so much for the advice! They may stink but they’re so stinking cute I don’t care!! :love

Back
Top Bottom